Your family is not safe when there are pests roaming around. Pests do not only leave disgusting droppings and destroy furniture, but also carry deadly diseases. It is difficult to eradicate pests completely, especially once they have already established a territory. Before that happens, you can follow this guide to avoid greater risks.
Signs of Pest Infestation
You can tell if there is pest infestation at home if the following signs are present:
- Noise. Pests make squeaky sounds, which you will likely notice more at nighttime.
- Smell. If you’re familiar with the smell of a dirty rabbit’s hutch and that same odor is present in an area of your home, then this is a sure sign of infestation.
- Nesting. Remember the smell of a dirty rabbit’s hutch? That will lead you to their nests.
- Damaged Wiring and Furniture. Pests, especially rodents, love to gnaw on just about anything. Check the wirings and wood furniture at home for tiny bite marks.
- Droppings. When you see droppings at home, that’s an obvious sign you shouldn’t ignore.
Pest Infestation Prevention
If your home is at risk of pest infestation or is already infested, doing these tips can help:
- Make sure trash bins are covered and dispose of garbage every night.
- Seal all cracks and other entry points.
- Leave no supply of food and water. Always wash the dishes after every meal.
- Schedule regular Minneapolis lawn mowing service to ensure that plants are always well-trimmed and that they’re maintained at three inches height to discourage hiding places.
- Make sure that the attic, basement, and laundry room are dry and properly ventilated.
Do steps to get rid of pests at home and avoid putting the safety of the family at risk. For severe infestation, it’s best to get help from pest control experts.