Molds grow everywhere, especially where there is moisture. If you smell something musty, it must be the molds or mildew growing in your home. You may think that it is just in the areas where you see them, but there are also mold floating around in the air that you breathe.
They may be invisible, but it poses a danger to you and your family’s health.
What molds do to your health
Some people are very sensitive to molds. It can cause throat irritation, wheezing, coughing, nasal stuffiness, and skin irritation. People who are allergic to molds would have the same health effects but would be of higher intensity.
On the other hand, people with chronic lung illnesses may catch infections when exposed to mold. Such people should stay away from areas that are prone to molds like composite piles, wooded areas, and grass.
Studies suggest there is a link between exposure to molds to upper respiratory tract symptoms, such as asthma, cough, wheezing, and shortness of breath on both healthy individuals and individuals who are susceptible to such illnesses.
What you can do to prevent molds
You must first stop the molds from growing. The goal here is to clean it up and address the moisture problem. The best solution for this is to hire black mold removal services from Utah. They would know what to do and would have the best materials to eliminate the grime.
However, you can also do it yourself using soap, water, and bleach. Once everything is clean, you can start changing ventilation in your house. Always make sure that the humidity levels are low. It cannot go higher than 50% all day long. You can also install exhaust fans to even out the ventilation in the house.
Molds are dangerous. It is important for us to research and know about the symptoms of it and make sure to do actions to prevent any harm that it can do to our family.